Thursday, March 30, 2017

My Man

My man is a tall
handsome and kind
man
with the intelligence of 70 supercomputers
and a wit sharper than the focus
of the
iphone 7 camera
but he
won't be out of date a year from now.
My man has eyes
deeper than the ocean
skin smoother than a stone
polished by sand
for one hundred years.
My man listens to me
like a deer listens to the night
waiting for silence
before she moves.
My man
is a woman
whose hair is like the trees of a forest
blowing in the wind
and children pick up the hairs
to put them in books for science class.
She loves with all the swiftness
and violence of a jaguar
so when she says she loves me
and means it
the pain is insufferable but
My woman
with a brilliance unmatched
by even the greatest doctors--
she patches me right up
with a bandage and a splint
and kisses me
which is how I know
I am hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment